Sharing Our ISW Experience
download application HERE
At De Anza College, the Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) program is a comprehensive instructor development program that is offered within a small group setting and is designed to enhance teaching effectiveness of both new and experienced educators. ISW is a 4-day workshop, in which participants design and conduct three “mini-lessons” and receive verbal, written, and video feedback from other participants who have been learners in the mini-lessons.
The ISW focuses on developing effective institutional practices that are key to achieving the desired outcomes for programs that serve developmental students including:
- Sound principles of learning theory and how these are applied in the design and delivery of courses
- Curricula and practices that have proven to be effective within specific disciplines are explored
- Ways to address the holistic development of all aspects of the student
- Culturally responsive teaching theory and practices are applied to all aspects of instruction and services for developmental students
- Ways to employ a variety of instructional methods to accommodate student diversity
- Ways for faculty to share instructional strategies.
These goals are drawn from “Basic Skills as a Foundation for Student Success at California Community Colleges”
Download Application in editable MSWord
Download Application as a fillable PDF