Make an Appointment!
You can schedule a phone or Zoom video meeting with one of our counselors by using our online scheduling system. Click one of the yellow boxes to get started.
The FYE counselors provide comprehensive services to support eligible students in their educational, career and personal development.
Our counselors can assist you with
- Choosing classes to reach your academic goal, such as earning a degree or certificate or transferring to a university
- Creating an educational plan
- Finding resources on campus, such as tutoring or other academic assistance
- Exploring career options
- And more!
Specialized services include
- Dedicated counselor until students transfer or graduate
- University and transfer visits
- Career counseling and student success courses
- Help with financial aid applications
- Integrated, culturally relevant instruction and student services
- First-generation in college (parents do not have a college degree)
- First-time attending college
- English placement in LART 250 and EWRT 1A
- Committed to taking the entire FYE cohort courses for the entire school year
Before enrolling in the FYE cohort, all FYE students are required to attend a Summer Bridge program designed for incoming FYE students at De Anza.