General Meeting Information

Date: October 16, 2018
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Plant Corp Yard Conference

  • Agenda

    Time Topic Purpose Discussion Leader
    2:00 - 2:05 p.m. Welcome and Introductions I Grey
    2:05 - 2:10 p.m. Campus Facilities Charge A Grey
    2:10 - 2:15 p.m.

    Approve notes from

    A Grey
    2:15 - 2:25 p.m.

    Project updates

    I Grey
    2:25 - 2:35 p.m.

    L Quad HVAC update



    2:35 - 2:45 p.m.

    Fund 400



    2:45 - 3:00 p.m.

    Quick News



    A = Action
    D = Discussion
    I = Information

  • Minutes


    Present: Acosta, Cheu, Cini, Cooke, DaSilva, Gannon, Lockwood, Kazantseva, Roodbeen, Sullivan, Varela, Ueda  

    Meeting Items

    Welcome and Introductions

    Susan Cheu opened the meeting and welcomed everyone. All of the members in attendance introduced themselves.

    The Facilities Planning Team will be undergoing some changes for several reasons. It has been a challenge to get enough people to attend the committee meetings in order to have a quorum. There have been instances where agenda items could not get approved due to the lack of a quorum. The change to this meeting would be to make decisions by consensus. The same thing is being done with the Campus Center Advisory Board. The other change will be the frequency of the meeting. The calendar now shows the Facilities Planning Team meeting on the fourth Tuesday of the quarter. We will officially now have one meeting every quarter. Students have provided feedback that it is easier for them to attend meetings held once every quarter. Grey shared if there are pressing issues that need to be addressed, we will schedule additional meetings, as needed. Grey asked if there were any concerns about the changes in scheduling. None were presented.

    Campus Facilities Charge

    The Campus Facilities charge/purpose was reviewed. Any member of the group can bring any facilities related items up at the meeting and can contact Gore via email or telephone to request an agenda item for the Facilities Planning Team.

    Sullivan made a motion to change the procedure from voting via quorum to voting by consensus; Ueda seconded the motion to approve and the group approved.

    Approve Notes from Jan 16 and May 15

     Cini asked for additional language to be added to the meeting notes of January 16, 2018 to reflect her voiced concerns about the ongoing HVAC issues in the L Quad on behalf of faculty and students. In addition, Cini would like the notes to reflect that she had mentioned faculty were complaining about the length of time it was taking to get keys and the key process itself. Gore will update the January notes to reflect statements requested by Cini. Grey inquired if there were ongoing issues with the key process and Cini answered in the affirmative. Grey commented that issues with the key process and/or obtaining keys for faculty would need to originate with the Division Administrative Assistant. The Division Administrative Assistant will work with Gore to get problems resolved through the District Police and District Lock Shop.

    The notes from January 16 and May 15 were not approved and will be presented for approval at the next Facilities Planning Team meeting on January 29, 2019.

    Project Updates

     Grey reviewed the current campus projects and status:

    • Planetarium roof replacement is ongoing and should be completed in December.
    • Parking Lot D repaving and striping is completed.
      • New lighting will be installed in December.
      • The parking ticket machine will be installed at the end of November.
    • Lighting Upgrade Project is ongoing.
      • Blanket change of old lighting fixtures to new LED lighting in possibly Stelling Garage and on the Perimeter Road.
      • Campus lighting project bidding is being done in phases and will be awarded up to a certain dollar amount.
    • Campus roadway legend work (stop signs/crosswalks, etc.) was done on campus and is now complete.

     L Quad HVAC update

     There is no update today for the L Quad. Kitchen and Kozelka are unable to attend today. L Quad HVAC update will be moved to the January 29, 2019 agenda.

    Fund 400

     Cheu presented to the group a presentation on Fund 400. (Link) a capital projects fund.

    • Reviewed projects completed/closed in FY17/18
    •  Reviewed transfer of unused funds back to available balance
      • Campus Lighting Improvement Project
      • LCW Carpet and Painting Project
      •  Reviewed suggested new project for FY18/19 - Planetarium Server Room HVAC
      •  Approved transfer and new project funding suggestions

    Items presented were approved.

    Quick news/discussion

    Grey shared the DASB had provided a report about the drinking fountains on campus that needed to be repaired. These repairs have not yet been completed. Grey will send the on-going list to Roodbeen and he will follow up. Ueda indicated many of the bottle fillers were now working properly. Ueda also shared that DASB had given out over 100 water bottles to students to use in order to reduce the amount of plastic water bottles being used on campus.

    Ueda reported some of the students want to know how the HVAC systems work on campus, as sometimes it is too cold. Grey explained the HVAC systems are a District function and we will invite the Executive Director of Facilities and Operations and the District Energy Manager to attend in order to share some information with the group.

    Ueda reported his committee would like to inquire about exploring the possibility of changing the paper towel dispensers to air dryers. Grey indicated this could be discussed at a future date and asked Ueda to send an email to Gore requesting this to be on the agenda for the next meeting.

    Ueda asked about the squirrel population getting into the trashcans. DaSilva explained that the college had purchased new trashcans with lids to alleviate the problem. Now the squirrels are eating the lids. College Operations is looking into an alternative.

    Cini inquired about the status of the car charging stations on campus that are no longer working. Grey explained there is a project in the works and the Executive Director of Facilities is the project manager. The campus hope is to have new charging stations installed by June 2019. Gore will include the car charging station replacement project as an agenda item on the January meeting.

    Notes: Gore

Documents and Links

Back to Top