Internships and Occupational Training
The Computer Technical Support (CompTechS) program is a unique community initiative that benefits students, the business community and the environment.
Benefits for Students
Our work-based program includes assessment of current skill levels, performance-based training, customer service training, corporate internships, and job placement assistance.
An Opportunity To Learn
- Hardware & Software Installation
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Resume and interview skills
What's In It For You?
- Real work experience
- A reference for your resume
- Paid Internship opportunities at Silicon Valley companies
- Flexibility to suit your schedule
- Gain confidence to secure employment
- Learn more about the program
Benefits to the Business Community and the Environment
- CompTechS provides local companies with a socially responsible means of computer recycling
- Our students refurbish and redeploy equipment that would otherwise become e-waste
- Donated computers are refurbished by CompTechS interns and distribute as scholarships to students who need them!
- Internships with local companies prepare students to be prepared employees!
How to Apply
Download the 4-part Application Packet:
To talk to us about the program, stop by our Refurb Lab in room 1C in the Seminar Building on the De Anza Campus [DeAnza campus map]
For additional information, contact Joseph Lipsig at 408.864.5712 or email@example.com
This program is funded, in part, by the Chancellor's Office of the California Community Colleges, Economic and Workforce Development Unit and the De Anza Associated Student Body. Also, partial support for this work was provided by the National Science Foundation's Advanced Technological Education (ATE) Program under Award No. 0703191.