A Taste of History
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Visual and Performing Arts Center (VPAC)
This special fundraising event, "Spaces of Belonging," will be co-hosted by the California History Center and the Euphrat Museum of Art, featuring singer, songwriter, and pianist Jackie Gage.
- Location: On campus in the Visual & Performing Arts Center (VPAC)
- Tickets: $150 per person; sponsorship rates available – please check back for purchase instructions
Proceeds from the Taste of History support after-school art classes for at-risk youth, and De Anza student multimedia projects that preserve and share our local history.
"Spaces of Belonging" will explore how the land and spaces we live in shape us and how we shape them.
- De Anza College President Lloyd Holmes will present student and community awards.
- Author Anne Marie Todd will speak about sense of place in the Santa Clara Valley including excerpts from her new book, "Valley of Heart's Delight."
- San José native Jackie Gage, with guitarist Kevin Goldberg, will perform original songs about San José, the Santa Clara Valley and California.
Guests can enjoy delicious snacks, desserts and wines from local producers, and also
- View the current Euphrat Museum of Art exhibition, featuring four local artists who have been instrumental in creating "spaces of belonging" and inspiring new beginnings.
- Afterwards, navigate together to the De Anza College Planetarium for a special 7:30 p.m. showing of "Wayfinders: Waves, Winds, and Stars." This full-dome show tells the 5,000 year story of voyaging in the Pacific and celestial navigation techniques.