The Equity Action Council is a shared governance body that helps facilitate campus wide development and support, engagement, implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The council helps meet the goals and objectives of equity at De Anza and in particular, the Office of Equity, Social Justice and Multicultural Education.
(The EAC logo was created by student alumni Megan Jerbic)
Equity Champion Awards
For this year's 2022 Equity Champions Awards event, we celebrated the theme "Unified Steps Towards Courage." The following individuals are representing equity in their individual and teamwork as students, classified professionals, faculty, and administrators. Learn more about the awards winners in 2022 Equity Champion Awards website. This year's recipients are:
- Faculty Member: Alicia Mullens
- Student: Aminata Henry
- Administrator: Dr. Elvin Ramos
- Classified Professional: Angélica Esquivel
- Program/Team: Claudia Guzman and Jesus Ruelas
- Elder: Edmundo Norte
- Courageous Heart: CSEA Union
The Equity Action Council meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Meetings are currently being held via Zoom.
- Alicia Cortez, Administrator Representation (Dean, Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Vacant, Classified Represetation
- Vacant, Faculty Representation
- Amrit Kaur Gill, DASG Student Representative
- Student 2, ICC Representative - Pending Senate Confirmation
- Student 3, De Anza Student Trustee
- Praagya Rhand, Student at Large
- Lisa Mandy, Director, Financial Aid
- Elvin Ramos, Dean, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Yvette Alva Campbell, Director, STEM Success Program
- John Jimenez, Instructor, Math
- Maurice Canyon, Counselor/Coordinator, Umoja
- Casey Regehr, Adapted PE
- Shaila Ramos Serna, Program Coordinator, Undocumented Student Support Programs
- Maritza Arreola, Student Activities Coordinator at Campus Life
- Patricia Del Rio, Retention Program Coordinator Counseling and Student Success Division
- Danny Acosta, Chief, Foothill-De Anza district police department
Student Equity Partners
- Vacant, TBA
- Promote a climate of humility, equity, and appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of the college
- Support the work of the Equity Office
- Advise on equity and inclusion issues to the college shared governance groups
- Assist with the development of a campus climate survey every 3 to 5 years to assess the equity environment and explore opportunities for growth and development
- Advocate for the development and implementation of policies and procedures that facilitate the success of our diverse student body, faculty and staff. Specifically, the committee works to identify existing or emerging equal opportunity and equity issues, advising college leadership in the development of responsive policies, and analyzing and recommending action based on relevant research and practices.
- Advise and actively promote the development and implementation of policies, procedures and employee development that facilitates the transformation of our workforce and environment into a community that is more inclusive, socially just, knowledgeable about the diverse array of cultures which comprise our community, and skilled in facilitating the growth of the entire campus.
The Equity Action Council (EAC) helps facilitate campus wide development, engagement, support and implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meets the equity program goals at De Anza College and in particular, the Office of Equity, Social Justice, and Multicultural Education.
With the supportive input and commitment of the Equity Action Council, the Equity Office strives to meet the demands of the campus and the critical charge of the office. The Equity Action Council helps facilitate campus wide development and support, engagement, implementation of programs, evaluations, policies and procedures that are in line with De Anza College's mission and vision of equity, social justice, and multicultural education. The Council helps meet the goals and objectives of equity, social justice, and multicultural education at De Anza and in particular, the Equity Office. Thus, the Equity Office works closely, and is aligned with, the larger goals and objectives of the EAC.