Loan Periods, Fines & Replacement Policies
|Loan Period||Renewals||Overdue fines & charges.|
Books, audio books: 3 weeks
No limit to number of items
No daily overdue fines are charged. At 30 days overdue, items are assumed lost and replacement fees are charged to the patron's library account
|DVDs: 1 week - 10 DVD limit||2 renewals||
No daily overdue fines are charged. At 10 days overdue, items are assumed lost and replacement fees are charged to the patron's library account
* Charges for lost or damaged items: Current retail price.
Community members may borrow up to ten items; fines and fees same as above.
Reserve materials have been set aside by instructors for class use. These items are kept behind the Circulation Desk and have various checkout periods. Students depend on the availability of reserve materials, therefore, overdue fines are assessed for those materials.
There is a minimum 30 minute waiting period before renewing or checking out the same reserve item. This policy is to assure that other students have access to the materials.
|Reserve Loan Period||Overdue Fines||Lost Book Replacement Fees|
Hourly: 2, 4 hours
Daily: 1,3,7, and 21 day
Hourly: $0.50 per hour, maximum $15.00 per item
Daily: 3.00 per day, maximum $15.00 per item
Current retail price. Students do not pay overdue fees for lost items
Library materials may be returned to the circulation desk where they were checked out. There is also a book return, located to the left of the Library's main entrance available 24/7.If you have a question about fines or a registration hold (library block) please contact Keri Kirkpatrick at 408.864.8763
- Library overdue notices and bills are sent to patrons as a courtesy, using the e-mail address supplied at registration.
- It is the patron's responsibility to keep the library informed of e-mail or telephone changes.
- Please note that whether or not you receive the courtesy library notice, you are responsible for returning your materials by the designated due date and for paying any overdue fines and replacement charges.
- Patrons with overdue fines totaling more than $12.00 or 5 or more overdue items (regardless of accrued fines), will be blocked from borrowing additional materials and from using the library computer labs.
- A hold is placed on registration and transcripts when a patron has overdue items that have been assumed to be lost. Reserves and Nonprint items are assumed to be lost after 10 days overdue. General library materials are assumed lost after 30 days overdue.
- The library block will remain in effect until the materials are returned or the replacement charges are paid.