Tips on Registering for Math Classes
Some Math courses are paired with a corequisite, or companion course, that is meant to be taken at the same time. Depending on your placement, you may be taking
- MATH 10 with the corequisite MATH 210X, or
- MATH 31 with the corequisite MATH 231, or
- MATH 32 with the corequisite MATH 232
Here are some things to remember when you register for Math classes with a corequisite.
- If you are taking a Math corequisite, you should register for both courses at the same time.
- Be sure to pick classes with matching section numbers. This will give you more time with the same instructor, and the instruction you receive
in one class will be coordinated with the material covered in the other class.
- For example, if you are taking MATH 10 with the corequisite MATH 210X, you should look for MATH 10 Section Q01 and MATH 210X Section Q01
- Don't try to take a corequisite with a different section number: For example, if you are registering for MATH 10 Section Q01, don't try to take MATH 210X Section Q02 or MATH 210X Section Q03, etc.
Math Performance Success
If you want to take a class as part of the Math Performance Success program, look for a section number that begins with the letters MP. If you encounter an error code when trying to add a MPS section, please contact the MPS program by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.