COVID-19 Information for Employees
If you are coming to campus for any reason – for a class, a meeting or any other purpose – you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, for your health and that of others.
You will be required to upload proof that you have received a COVID-19 booster, if you are eligible for one, before coming to campus.
- See the email from Human Resources for instructions on how to do this
- Check the district Human Resources COVID-19 website for more information.
If you have uploaded proof of vaccination or booster for a previous quarter, you don't need to upload it again.
These requirements apply to students, employees and visitors.
Update: Masks Strongly Recommended, May Be Required
Properly worn face masks are strongly recommended on campus and may be required in some offices or by individual instructors in their classrooms, under the policy announced for fall 2022 by the Foothill-De Anza Community College District.
- Your mask must cover your mouth AND nose.
- See the Face Mask Information webpage for more information.
Please use the correct form listed below, so the college can take appropriate steps for the health and safety of everyone on campus. Reports will be treated as confidential. Employee reports will be routed to the district Human Resources office and to the Student Health Services clinician for appropriate health measures.
Students With COVID-19
Instructors or other employees should submit this form if they learn that a student has been on campus and has tested positive for COVID-19, been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or become ill with COVID-related symptoms. Please do not use the Maxient form in MyPortal because it is not designed for this purpose.
Employees should use this form to notify the college and district if they have tested positive for COVID-19, been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or become ill with COVID symptoms – even if they are working remotely. A copy will be routed to the district Human Resources office.
Students who have been on campus should use this form to notify the college when they receive a positive diagnosis or test result for COVID-19.
De Anza College is following current guidance from county and state health authorities for testing and isolation in cases of positive diagnosis, exposure or symptoms relating to COVID-19. Learn more by visiting the Testing and Isolation Protocols webpage.
- Employees who are coming to campus will need to submit proof they have received a complete
COVID-19 vaccination AND a COVID-19 booster (if they are eligible for a booster).
- There is no need to resubmit proof of your vaccination or booster if you have already done so for a previous quarter.
- Detailed instructions for submitting proof of your booster will be posted on the district Human Resources website.
- Students must submit vaccination proof (or obtain an exemption) before they can register for any on-campus classes.
- Students who have already submitted proof of vaccination for a previous quarter do not need to submit again.
- Students who are coming to campus are also required to upload proof they have received a COVID-19 booster (if they are eligible for a booster) before classes begin for the quarter.
- Students who have already submitted proof of a booster for a previous quarter do not need to submit it again.
- More than 98% of students who registered for on-campus classes in fall 2021 were able to continue with their classes after the Oct. 1 deadline for submitting vaccination proof.
Here's how to tell if you are eligible for a COVID-19 booster: Under FDA guidelines, you can get the
- Moderna bivalent booster if you are age 18 or older and it's been at least two months since you received any approved vaccine
- Pfizer bivalent booster if you are age 12 or older and it's been at least two months since you received any approved vaccine
Visit the COVID-19 Information webpage for more information about how to get vaccinated or boosted.
Testing and Vaccination Locations
Find a Testing Site Near You
Youcan also use these online tools to find a free COVID-19 testing site near you:
Find a Vaccination Site Near You
Feeling Anxious or Stressed?Free counseling appointments are available through the Foothill-De Anza district Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
College Operations is providing the following for all classrooms used this fall
- Face masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing wipes
- Signage regarding county health requirement for face masks regardless of vaccination status
- CDC poster regarding ways to stop the spread of germs
Other materials – including plexiglass dividers, air purifiers, gloves and face shields – may be requested through your dean or manager.