Computers You Can Use on Campus
Many classrooms and labs at De Anza have computers installed for students to use during class hours. If you need to borrow a computer on campus at other times, here are some options.
Need Your Own Computer?You may be able to get financial assistance or a free computer if you qualify. Learn more below.
- Laptop computers (Apple and Dell) will be available for checkout during Library hours. Laptops must be returned before the Library closes on the day they were checked out.
- Chromebooks can be checked out for the quarter.
- Desktop computers will be available in the reference area during Library hours.
- Desktop computers are available in the Library Computer Lab (LC 113). These computers have Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Printing is also available in the Computer Lab.
- Computers in the lobby of the Registration & Student Services (RSS) building are available for students to register for classes or take care of
other brief tasks.
AT Computer Lab
- Computers are available for ACCT, CIS and DMT students in the Business, Computer Science and Applied Technologies computer labs
We'll try to help. You may qualify for one of the following.
- If you're in the De Anza College Promise program, you can use your Bookstore voucher to purchase a device.
- The Financial Aid office may be able to increase the amount of your voucher up to $500 to help cover the purchase cost. Send an email request to Lisa Mandy, director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and CWID.
Emergency Cash Grant
- If you aren’t in the De Anza College Promise program, the Financial Aid office can check to see if you’re eligible for other aid or an emergency cash grant to help cover the cost of purchasing a device from the Bookstore.
- Send an email request to Lisa Mandy, director of Financial Aid and Scholarships, at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and CWID.
- You can apply to receive a free, refurbished computer through through the Occupational Training Institute's CompTechS program.
- Donated computers are refurbished by CompTechS interns and staff, before they are given free to eligible students.
- Find details and an application form at the CompTechS website. After you apply, an OTI staff member will contact you to arrange delivery when a computer is available.
- CollegeBuys offers student discounts on computers, software and other tech products through its online store.