Welcome to DMT!
Design ~ Create ~ Manufacture
Learn high-demand, high-wage skills, using the latest equipment!
We have experienced instructors and courses developed by industry experts to meet employers' needs in these areas:
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) – including Creo, SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
- Machining and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) – including CNC Five-Axis Mill and CNC Lathe Y-Axis Tooling
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing
De Anza's DMT program is a
Gene Haas Center for Design and Manufacturing
For any questions about our DMT programs, please contact
- Mike Appio: email@example.com
- Andrew Stoddard: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Max Gilleland: email@example.com
Remember to check our News and Events webpage for details about future events.
DMT In the News
DMT Wins National Science Grant
De Anza’s cutting-edge Design and Manufacturing Technologies Department has been awarded a $525,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to satisfy a growing need for skilled manufacturing workers – by developing new courses and certificates in 3D printing, robotic automation and related technologies.
The funding comes from the science foundation’s Advanced Technological Education program, which supports the education of workers for “the advanced-technology fields that drive the nation’s economy.”
DMT's PPE project was featured on ABC 7 News
Members of the Design and Manufacturing Department have been using the school's 3D printers and other equipment to address the global shortage of face shields and other protective equipment needed by health workers on the coronavirus front lines.
Read more about our PPE and COVID-19 efforts
DMT Student Profile
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Program