CSU/CSU Dual Admission Program
The UC/CSU Dual Admission Program is intended to increase access to the UC and the CSU for students. The program will guarantee future UC and CSU admission to 2023 high school graduates and beyond who are entering a California community college (CCC) and who commit to transferring within three years. The new Dual Admission program aims to provide students clearer direction as they begin their post-secondary education journey and greater confidence that they will achieve their goal of a four-year degree.
Program Benefits for Students
- Support from participating university campuses and other university support programs throughout their transfer journey
- An admission guarantee to the university campus and major in place after they opt in (provided program requirements are met in the agreement)
- Transfer advising and communication through a UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP) account or CSU Transfer Planner account
- Advising from a university coordinator who will facilitate their communication with campus and CCC advisors
- Access, where available, to university libraries
- Invitations to transfer events
- Preliminary information about financial aid
UC Dual Admission Program
The UC Dual Admission Program is a conditional admission guarantee to a UC campus with a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program. Participants are offered extra support from UC while they fulfill their transfer requirements at a California Community College. Freshman applicants who applied to UC for the fall 2023, 2024, or 2025 term will qualify for the program if they meet the following criteria:
- They are not admitted to any UC campus to which they applied.
- They have a 3.0 UC GPA at the time of application.
- They are missing one or more A-G subject requirements at the time of high school graduation.
- They will graduate from a California high school.
If you get invited to participate in the Dual Admission Program and would like to participate, follow these steps:
- Accept your offer: Opt-in to the UC Dual Admission program by the deadline through your UC application.
- Choose your UC campus and fulfill that school’s Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
- Enroll in a California community college
- Create a UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP) account: UC will use the UC TAP tool to communicate with you about the Dual Admission program. Please make sure to use the same email address for UC TAP that you used on your UC application.
- Update UC TAP each academic term
- Apply to transfer to UC!
Additional Information and Resources
For questions about the UC Dual Admission Program, email UCDualAdmission@ucop.edu.
CSU Transfer Success Pathway
The new Transfer Success Pathway program is designed to increase access to the CSU. Transfer Success Pathway students have access to personalized support as they make the transition from community college to a CSU within three years. Eligible students can apply to the program in order to:
- Enter into an agreement with the CSU and receive guaranteed admission to the degree program and campus of their choice (if all requirements are met)
- Receive personalized guidance from CSU representatives to create an educational plan that will help them transfer within three years or less
- Map out their coursework using the CSU Transfer Planner portal to ensure they're on track for their degree
Students may be eligible if:
- They are recent high school graduates or earned a GED and haven't earned any college credit since completing high school.
- They are a first-time freshman entering a California Community College and were not eligible to attend the California State University when they graduated from high school.
- They're first-time freshmen who were eligible to attend the CSU, but didn’t do so because of personal or financial reasons.
- They were admitted to a CSU campus, but the campus wasn’t their first choice.
If you received an invitation to join the CSU Transfer Success Pathway and would like to participate, follow these steps:
- Create an account on the CSU Transfer Planner.
- Find your right fit: Explore any or all of the CSU’s 23 member universities (www.calstate.edu/campusmatch) and more than 4,000 degree programs (www.calstate.edu/degrees) to find the right fit. Once you’ve chosen a university and a major, be sure to review the degree program transfer requirements in the CSU Transfer Planner.
- Sign an agreement with your chosen CSU by September 30: Choose a start date and sign one agreement with the university you selected and you’re guaranteed admission to your chosen university for a future term! (You can only have one agreement, though you are able to cancel the agreement through the CSU Transfer Planner if your plans change.)
- Access CSU services: In addition to the services you receive from your community college, as a student in the Transfer Success Pathway program you can get support and answers to your questions – including pre-admission advising – through your CSU.
Additional Information and Resources