Student Health Services
Our new virtual clinic uses online video that is HIPAA-compliant for privacy and security, so we can provide students with faster, more convenient care. (See below for a list of available virtual services.) De Anza students who have paid their health services fee for the current quarter can use this service. There is no separate charge for a visit.
If You Have a Serious Medical EmergencyThe Student Health Center is not able to provide emergency care for serious or life-threatening emergencies – including sports injuries, trauma or complex medical conditions. Please dial 911 or visit an urgent care clinic in these situations. See below for a list of services that are available from our clinic.
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., on the lower level of the Campus Center
- To make an appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – be sure to include your full name, 8-digit CWID number, birthdate, the reason for your request and local phone number if you have one.
Types of Services Available In Person
- Consultation visits with Nurse Practitioner
- Women's health issues, including Pap testing (includes gonorrhea and chlamydia screening)
- Testing for pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections
- Counseling and referrals for birth control methods
- Prescriptions for birth control pills or emergency contraception
- Low-cost lab tests
- Physical exams for allied health programs and transfer requirements
- Immunization consults for International Student Programs, allied health and transfer requirements
- Basic first aid
- Preventive health care and counseling
Schedule an appointment by sending an email to email@example.com – be sure to include your full name, 8-digit CWID number, birthdate, the reason for your request and local phone number if you have one.
Types of Services Available Online
- Women’s health issues and birth control – consultations only
- Request for oral contraceptive pills (OCP) refill prescription –established patients only
- Emergency contraceptive pill consultations
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) – consultations only (no labs)
- Urinary symptoms
- Upper respiratory symptoms – such as fever, cough, ear pain
- Immunization – consultation only – for transfer, ISP or health science requirements
- General referrals – ISP and domestic students
- Community resources for basic needs – such as housing, food, shelter and emergency assistance
- Mental health referrals to psychological counseling services – also available online
You can also visit Wellness Central, an online resource for students.
For life-threatening emergencies, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
If our health care provider determines that you need immediate care during your virtual clinic appointment, you may be asked to go to a local urgent care center or emergency room.
We hope that everyone stays healthy and safe during this challenging time.
Online Student Health Portal
Now you can use our secure online health portal to request an appointment, view your clinic records and find required forms. There are two ways to log in:
- Visit deanza.studenthealthportal.com and log in with your CWID and MyPortal password
- Log in to MyPortal, then open the Apps section and click on the tile for PyraMED Health Services
Required COVID Test Exception Form
- This form is for students who are required to submit test results as a condition of exemption to vaccination
- For details about the college's COVID-19 vaccination requirement, visit the Rules for Coming to Campus website.
Students who were granted religious or medical exemptions to the college's COVID-19 vaccination requirement must comply with all conditions of their exemption, including
- Obtaining a lab test for COVID-19 (home tests will not be accepted) – and submitting a negative test result – no more than three days before each visit to campus
If you are not providing a lab test result as required, you must explain the reason by submitting this form.
Coronavirus Health InformationWant to know more about the Coronavirus? Check this webpage for the latest information.
The mission of De Anza College Health Services is to facilitate the educational success of our students by providing personalized and affordable medical care, health education and community resource information to promote their physical, social and emotional well-being.
* Services are only available for currently enrolled De Anza students. Students under age 18 must complete the Minor Treatment Consent Form and Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit to receive services on campus.
- Free online health and wellness resource
- Designed for community college students
- Your space, at your pace!
Wellness Central has lots of useful information about topics that are important to you – like first aid, birth control, nutrition, sexual health and help with stress or depression. It works kind of like an online course – but with no exams or grades. Use it at your own pace: You can search for information and videos on specific topics, or just browse for whatever looks interesting.
Student Services Mission Statement
We provide high-impact services that support student equity and success by empowering students to achieve their educational goals and realize their potential.