Become a Student Ambassador!
This webpage explains how to become a paid student ambassador and what the job entails.
This is a customer service position with data entry, data processing and administrative duties supporting an office, program, function or individuals. Student assistants are part of the Office of Outreach and the Enrollment Services division.
- The ambassadors team represents the Office of Outreach and is responsible for services and functions relating to admissions, registration, tours and in-reach efforts, and more.
- The team is also the go-to-resource Help Desk for the Office of Outreach.
- Primary duties include monitoring the front desk by answering emails, phone and in-person requests from potential, new, continuing and graduating students, as well as their families, members of the De Anza staff community and the public.
- Ambassadors also attend campus events as needed.
Who We're Seeking
We are looking for someone who is
- Interested in serving students and able to demosntrate patience, tact and empathy when assisting students and members of our community in applying to De Anza, preparing for registration, registering for their courses and learning about the college processes – and while connecting them with campus resources.
- Open to learning about outreach programs and capable of teaching students to utilize college applications and technology, as well as explaining college policies and processes to students.
- Flexible, and able to take direction from multiple managers and staff
- A resourceful team player
- Mandatory onboarding orientation will be one day between Monday and Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Students will be trained in how to provide on-campus tours and will be assigned to provide tours with another student.
- Students will be required to review the Student Employee front desk Canvas guide.
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Work schedules will be a minimum of 8-10 hours with a maximum of 19 hours per week
- Academic year work hours (September-June) are scheduled Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Summer work hours (July-August) are scheduled Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- We will work around your school schedule each quarter!
- Work location: Office of Outreach front desk (RSS Building, Room 127)
- Pay: $17.60 per hour
If You're Interested
- Review the Student Jobs Information webpage, including the eligibility rules, and make sure that you have submitted your FAFSA or CADAA application for financial aid.
- Fill out and submit the Outreach Office Student Ambassador application form.
- Monitor your email inbox for an invitation to interview. Interviews are usually held a week or two after your application, if you meet the requirements and if we’re hiring.
- All hiring paperwork and orientation must be completed prior to your official start date.