To facilitate student transfer, the Articulation and Transfer Services (ATS) Office develops and maintains formal articulation agreements, transfer agreements, and transfer admission guarantee contracts between De Anza College (DAC) and regionally accredited four-year colleges and universities.  Additionally, the ATS Office provides support to faculty with the curriculum development process.

What is Articulation?

Articulation is the process of evaluating courses, or a sequence of courses, to determine whether a particular course offered at one educational institution (such as. De Anza College) will meet the requirements for admission, transfer credit, general education or lower-division major preparation at another educational  institution (such as the California State University system, University of California or a private university).

This process ensures that courses completed at DAC will be credited towards baccalaureate degree requirements upon transferring to a four-year university or college.

Articulation and Transfer Resources

Students will find information on DAC articulation agreements and transfer programs on these related web pages:

Students planning to transfer from DAC to a four-year college or university are encouraged to visit ASSIST and to consult with a DAC counselor or academic adviser to develop an educational plan for transfer.

Transfer advising services are available through the Transfer Center, Counseling and Advising Center or through counselors or academic advisers in specialized DAC programs and student services. For more information, visit the DAC Our Counselors page.

NOTE: The final responsibility for successful transfer rests with the student.  The information posted on this website is designed to assist students in obtaining the most accurate transfer-related information possible.  However, this information is subject to change without notice, which may subsequently impact admission to a transfer university.

Students are encouraged to meet as early as possible in their academic careers and periodically with a DAC counselor or academic adviser and/or a transfer university admissions representative to confirm their choice of classes.

Back to Top