Narrative Speech – Self-Critique
Within seven days of presenting your narrative speech, submit a two-page, typed self-critique of your speech to Turnitin on Canvas.
This assignment should be in essay format and is worth 10 points.
You should cover the following areas in your self-critique:
- Describe how well you performed delivering this speech. Explain what worked well for you and what you would have done differently.
- Was your introduction effective? Did you accomplish your purpose? (Attention-getter, startling statement, use of a quotation, arousing curiosity, etc.)
- Was your narrative speech effective? Did you "tell" your story to your satisfaction?
- Describe your level of confidence while you were delivering this speech. Did you suffer from any speech anxiety? How did you cope with any speech anxiety?
- Was your conclusion memorable? Did you do any of the following: review the main points of your speech, end with and make a dramatic or memorable statement?
- What did you like about your delivery? What areas in delivery do you need to improve?