Students transferring from another accredited institution may request to use some of this credit to meet De Anza requirements.

More Information

See the following administrative procedures of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District: 

Students transferring from another regionally accredited institution may request to use credit from that school to meet De Anza requirements. Official transcripts should be sent directly from the transfer institution to the Admissions and Records Office. Students may also deliver a sealed, official transcript to the Admissions and Records Office, along with a request for transcript evaluation. Only lower-division (freshman- and sophomore-level) transfer credit can be evaluated. 

Upon review, eligible transfer credit will be applied to the student’s De Anza record. Transfer review is not immediate and varies depending on the volume of official transcripts received.

Students who want prior coursework used as a prerequisite for a De Anza course must submit a prerequisite clearance form, along with an unofficial copy of their transcript, to the Admissions and Records Office for review. This transcript will not be evaluated for other transfer credit, but for prerequisite clearance only. Prerequisite clearance forms are available at

Back to Top