New Hybrid Course: Counseling 5
Important DeadlineIn order to take this course, you must submit a request before winter quarter begins on Jan. 9, 2023.
A hybrid course is taught through a combination of online and in-person instruction. De Anza's ISP office is offering a new hybrid course – COUN 5: Introduction to College – for winter 2023.
|38239||Manija Ansari||Feb. 3 - 28, 2023||See details|
|38238||Noemi Teppang||Feb. 1-3, 2023||See details|
Why Take This Course?
F-1 Visa students who are planning to enter the U.S. for the winter 2023 quarter are required to enroll in at least one hybrid or on-campus course. By enrolling in this course, you would meet this federal requirement.
What Is the Course About?
This course is an introduction to De Anza College, including information about programs, services, policies, degrees, certificates, transfer requirements and college culture. Students will learn strategies for academic success and develop a preliminary educational plan.
You must submit a request to add this course before the winter quarter begins on Jan. 9, 2023. To submit a request, please email Lynn Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org with this information:
- CRN of the section that you want to enroll in
- Your eight-digit CWID (your Campuswide ID or De Anza student ID number)
- Your full name
Please write "Adding Hybrid Counseling 5" in the email subject line
COVID Vaccination and Booster Required
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and received at least one booster shot (if eligible), in order to take any class that meets on campus, including hybrid classes.
- You will not be able to register for any class that has any meetings on campus until you have submitted proof of your final vaccination or received an exemption. (If you already submitted your vaccination records for a previous quarter, you don't need to submit again.)
- You will also need to submit proof of a COVID-19 booster shot (if you're eligible for one) before coming to campus for any reason. Proof of the booster must be submitted separately from your vaccination proof. (If you already submitted your booster document for a previous quarter, you don't need to submit again.)
- See the Rules for Coming to Campus webpage for details and instructions for submitting your vaccination and booster documents.