Travel Outside the U.S.
For F-1 Visa Students
If You Have a Current Signature on Your I-20
- You can travel outside the United States if you have received a signature within the past 12 months on page 2 of your I-20 form.
- You should contact an International Student Adviser to confirm that there are no problems with your immigration record before travel
If You Don't Have a Current Signature on Your I-20
If you do not have a current signature on your I-20, you should email an International Student Adviser to request an electronic signature on your I-20 one month before you return to the U.S.
You must include the following information:
- Passport name
- CWID (your 8-digit De Anza student ID number)
- Birthdate and/or SEVIS ID number
- Date you plan to return to the U.S.
- Your email subject line should say: I-20 travel signature
How to Reach Your Immigration Adviser
Immigration advisers are assigned by the first letter of your last or family name. If your family name begins with